Sexual Assult Center Hamilton
Business Line: 905-525-4573, Crisis: 24 Hrs: 905-525-4162
- To provide support and advocacy primarily to women 16 years old and over who have experienced sexual violence at any point in their lives.
- To provide appropriate referrals to male survivors of sexual assault.
- To provide information and education to the community about sexual violence against women.
- To provide in-service training to health care and social service professionals who work with survivors of sexual violence.
- To work with community institutions and organizations to provide better care for survivors of sexual violence.
- To work toward the elimination of sexual violence.
- Major Services:
- For women 16 years old and over, who have experienced sexual violence at some point in their lives, the Centre provides the following services:
- Provision of crisis counselling and support through a 24-hour crisis line, seven days a week. The crisis line is staffed by trained volunteer crisis workers.
- Accompaniment to the hospital, or police station, and court advocacy and accompaniment.
- Short-term, face-to-face crisis counselling and support groups for adult women who are survivors of rape, sexual assault, incest, and/or childhood sexual assault.
- Community outreach programme to ethnocultural communities.
- Language-specific women-helping-women discussion groups.
- Referrals to other services as required by the survivor.
- General business inquiries and speaking requests can be made by calling the business line
Assaulted Women’s Helpline Toronto
1-866-863-0511, Crisis: 1-866-863-7868
Anonymous, confidential telephone service for abused women. Referral to emergency shelters, legal services, counsellors and community services.
Interval House of Hamilton (Wife Assault Helpline):
A transition house specifically for abused women over the age of 16. Also includes all meals, emergency clothing and personal needs, crisis telephone line providing counselling, emergency transportation, counselling services, legal advocate program.
Ears Male Victims sexual Assualt: (Kitchener Area)
Provides education and training, information and referral services for males. Also, promotes awareness and develops innovative support models/services for individuals. Main service is EARS Line which is a hotline for men who have been victims of sexual abuse.