Aids and Sexual Health Information
Phone: 1-800-668-2437; Mainline: 1-800-686-7544
The AIDS and Sexual Health Infoline offers (in general) counselling information, education and referral on AIDS and HIV-related concerns, as well as sexual health issues including STD's, birth control, etc. The mainline deals with issues related to harm reduction, injection drug use, and needle exchange programs.
The Van Program
24 Hours answering service 905-317-9966, Monday to Friday 8 pm to Midnight
A mobile HIV/AIDS harm-reduction program providing needle exchange, free hepatitis B vaccine, free condoms and dental dams, anonymous HIV testing, free pregnancy testing, confidential counselling and referral.
- Free Hepatitis B Vaccine
- HIV Anonymous testing
- Pregnancy testing
- Free condoms
- Needles (for exchange)
- Counselling and referrals.
Aids Network Counseling:
The AIDS Network offers Support Services in a safe, caring and confidential environment for persons living with and affected by HIV/AIDS. Our staff is experienced in assisting individuals with a wide variety of issues related to HIV/AIDS. A variety of support groups for people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS are available throughout the year. Support groups offer an opportunity for people in similar situations to meet, share thoughts and discuss problems in a safe environment.
237 Barton St. E, Hours: Tuesday and Wednesday 4:00pm-5:30pm
· Confidential sexual health services provided to males and females of any age group by physicians, public health nurses and clinic registered nurses
· Testing for chlamydia, gonorrhea, hepatitis, syphilis, herpes (if sore present)
· Medication for chlamydia and gonorrhea free of charge
· Treatment for HPV (warts) and herpes
· Pap test done as part of sexually transmitted infection (STI) exam
· Pregnancy testing and counselling
· For HIV testing-- see anonymous HIV clinic information below
· Free Hepatitis A & B vaccine for persons at risk
· Birth control pill
· Emergency Contraceptive Pill (ECP)
· Free condoms
· Pamphlets and teaching about sexually transmitted infections, abstinence, prevention, birth control
· Needle exchange
· No appointment or health card needed